Liu, a student in the department of Lfe Sciences, got the following mRNA
sequence from a rat liver cDNA library.
he doesn't know how to use the sequence analysis tools availabled in the
internet since he did not take Bioinformatics before. Could you help him
to do the following analysis?
(1) Find its corresponding polypeptide sequence (DNA -> Protein translation).
5'3' Frame 1
Met D P R K V S E L R A F V K Met C R Q D P S V L H T E E Met R F L R E W V E S Met G G K V P P A T H K A K S E E N T K E E K R D K T T E D N I K T E E P S S E E S D L E I D N E G V I E A D T D A P Q E Met G D E N A E I T E A Met Met D E A N E K K G A A I D A L N D G E L Q K A I D L F T D A I K L N P R L A I L Y A K R A S V F V K L Q K P N A A I R D C D R A I E I N P D S A Q P Y K W R G K A H R L L G H W E E A A R D L A L A C K L D Y D E D A S A Met L R E V Q P R A Q K I A E H R R K Y E R K R E E R E I K E R I E R V K K A R E E H E K A Q R E E E A R R Q S G S Q F G S F P G G F P G G Met P G N F P G G Met P G Met G G A Met P G Met A G Met P G L N E I L S D P E V L A A Met Q D P E V Met V A F Q D V A Q N P S N Met S K Y Q N N P K V Met N L I S K L S A K F G G H S
(2) Identify this protein. Is it a new protein? What kind of rat is this protein belong to? (China, Noway, German.....)
It is not a new
(3) Report the total number of negatively charged residues and positively charged residues.
Draw the hydrophobicity map for this protein using Eisenberg hydrophobicity
scale with window size 7. The relative weight of the window edges compared
to the window center
should set to 40%.
(5) Please help him to use Prosite scanning tool to find out possible functions or pattern of this protein.
(6) Color the protein by the hydrophobicity of the amino acids.